Best Pregnancy Pillows 2018
By Leticia R.
Learn How To Get Rid of Hip and Back Pain With Pregnancy Pillows!
Whats the #1 Reason Pregnant Women Have Trouble Sleeping?
The answer, is pain and discomfort in the back and hips.
Moving around with a preggo belly can be a challenge and sometimes sleeping can be even more difficult.
Today, we’ll explore the best pregnancy pillows and find out which are worth the money!
RELATED: What are the Benefits of Prenatal Massage?
QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow
Picture credit: https://www.queenrosepillows.com/
Is the QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow Worth the Money?
Whether you’re in your first or third trimester, you can always use all the support you can get.
- Very comfortable and not too firm
- Helps Reduce Pressure causing Hip and Back Pain
- Also helps relieve sciatica pain too
- Wraps around entire body to give support along the back and hips
- A few reviews mention problems with the zippers after washing the covers
- Fairly large pillow and may take up most of your bed
If you are on the taller side, taller than 5 feet and 6 inches, the King size, or 60inch version, would probably be your best bet.
The larger 60-inch size does a great job of wrapping around your entire body and can be much more comfortable as it covers your entire back and hips area helping you feel secure and cozy all night long!
If you are shorter than 5ft 6in, you’ll benefit most from the smaller, 55in version.
Regardless of which size you choose, the pillow’s design works well for both taller and shorter women.
The best comfort will depend on whether you prefer to curl up or lay flat while you sleep.
Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Body Pillow
This pillow may not be a standard looking pregnancy pillow…but after reading countless negative reviews on many pregnancy pillows, I decided to look elsewhere.
The size and design of the pillow is the PERFECT pregnancy pillow for back pain!
Although it does not cover the back and hips, its very useful in supporting your baby and taking stress off your hips when cuddled and laying sideways!
- Best Pillow When Dealing with Back and Hip Pain
- The hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant materials make it very safe and clean for pregnant women
- Breathable design keeps this pillow cool all night long
- CertiPUR Certified Foam easily adjusts to your unique body type
- Machine Washable
- Can be a little bit heavy
- Not easy to move during middle of the night
If you’re on a tight budget…Use a standard size memory foam pillow ($10 at Costco) propped against your upper and middle back for support and one of these comfy body pillows to cuddle!
This is the best maternity pillow for hip and sciatica pain.
It’s comfy, and keeps you cool and is a total life saver for women having trouble sleeping.
And it is without a doubt our favorite pillow we’ve tried!
This is our number one recommendation to clients!
Boppy Pregnancy Wedge
- Special Wedge design gives perfect thickness for your side and belly compared to regular pillows
- Light and portable design makes it very convenient
- Firm comfy feeling and gives great support for such a small pillow
- Slipcover is removable and Machine Washable
- Might be a bit too firm for some women
- Does not support entire body
- May be too small for women on the taller side or larger babies
This pillow is absolutely perfect to for having something small to provide some serious support.
It can be easily propped under the belly or mid back when laying sideways or lounging around.
This is perfect for women who may feel a bit suffocated with large pillows.
The super affordable price tag on this pillow makes this an absolute STEAL!
You could very easily find a number of ways to use this pillow throughout all your daily activities!
Utopia Bedding Ultra Soft Body Pillow
- Very affordable
- Light pillow for its big size
- Material feels very high quality
- 54in Length x 20in width makes it a good size
- May not be long enough for taller women
- Some reviews mention the pillow losing its fullness and support after a while
Using this pillow would definitely give some much needed relief from pain and discomfort in bed!
Similar to the other body pillow, you may want another smaller pillow to support your mid back area.
RELATED: 4 Ways to Get Rid of Stress Fast
Complete Recap on Best Pregnancy Pillows
- Our number one recommended best pregnancy pillow is the Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Body Pillow
Your sleep is crucial to relieve the constant stress of our daily lives!
Always make sleep your number one priority, especially when you’re pregnant.
Click Below for 8 Benefits of Prenatal Massage!
Message Us on Facebook
if you ever have any questions!
Did you know that
Complete Women’s Wellness
is certified in Prenatal Massage?
Look below for a full list of our highest rated treatments!